Friday Night Backyard Jamboree
May 14, 2021 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Join us behind the Floyd Country Store on Friday, May 14, 2021 from 6:00-8:00 pm for the the Friday Night Backyard Jamboree. This week features a live show with the Twin Creeks Stringband. Seating opens at 5:30 pm. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets. No dogs allowed, no alcohol allowed. Admission is free with a suggested donation of $8 in support of the musicians.
THE TWIN CREEKS STRINGBAND is an old-time band from Southwest Virginia where their hard-driving music has been handed down to them through generations of music in Carroll and Franklin County. The band is a continuation of The Dry Hill Draggers, a band formed in the early 1980’s in Franklin County, Virginia who played for dances and festivals for over 30 years. Though the name has changed, the high-energy sound and rock-solid rhythm remains unchanged. The Twin Creeks Stringband continues to play hot fiddle tunes with a driving beat along with strong vocals that will entertain both listeners and dancers alike. The members of the band include Chris Prillaman on fiddle, Jason Hambrick on guitar and vocals, Stacy Boyd on bass, and his son Jared Boyd on banjo.
If you can’t join us live, check out the livestream on Facebook and Youtube.
- The lawn will open for seating at 5:30 pm.
- The entrance is located down the alley between the Floyd Country Store and Angels In The Attic.
- We ask that you bring your own blanket or lawn chairs. We will have a limited number of our chairs available.
- You will be required to keep a social distance of at least six feet from other people or groups.
- There is limited space, given the need to socially distance from each other, so we will be capping attendance.
- These events are contingent upon good weather. If we have rain or thunderstorms, the events will be canceled. Please check our website or Facebook for the latest updates.
- The events are FREE but we do ask for a donation in support of the musicians and venue.
We ask that everyone follow our safety protocols and requests in order to make these outdoor events safe and fun for all of us! We would like to continue doing these events and will only do so if we feel like it is safe for you, the musicians, and the staff at Floyd Country Store.
You can make a donation to support the musicians and The Floyd Country Store through the COVID-19 pandemic using the links below or through the Venmo mobile app to @floydcountrystore.