- This event has passed.
Get-Together Weekend Afternoon Workshops
March 16 - March 17| $25
The Handmade Music School is offering a series of one-hour afternoon workshops as part of the Floyd County Old Time Music Get-Together on Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17, 2018, at the the Floyd EcoVillage in Floyd County, Virginia. Workshops include intermediate and advanced classes in fiddle, banjo, guitar, dance, and singing. We are opening these workshops to the public. Pre-registration is required. Cost is $25 per workshop.
Friday, March 16 from 4:00pm – 4:50pm
- Rachel Eddy: Syncopated Dropthumb Banjo
- Trevor McKenzie: All About That Bass (runs!!) – driving guitar backup with moving bass lines
- Emily Miller: West Virginia Fiddle Tunes
Friday, March 16 from 5:00pm – 5:50pm
- Becky Hill: Square Dance 101
- Allison de Groot & Tatiana Hargreaves: Fiddle Banjo Duets
- Joe “joebass” DeJarnette: Beginning/Intermediate Old Time Bass
- Mac Traynham: Old Time Harmonica in SW Virginia
Saturday, March 17 from 4:00pm – 4:50pm
- Mac Traynham & Andy Buckman: Fiddle / Banjo Duets
- Ben Nelson: Core Rhythms, Chords, and Anchor Notes: Tools for Jamming and Learning by Ear (all instruments)
- Trevor McKenzie: Finger Pickin’ Good – An Intro to 2 Finger Banjo Styles
- Emily Miller: Song Session
Saturday, March 17 from 5:00pm – 5:50pm
- Shay Garriock: Fiddle Setup for Best Tone and Playability or Tunes
- Rachel Eddy: Singing with the Fiddle
- Joe “joebass” DeJarnette: Sound Reinforcement for Stringband Concerts and Dances
- Becky Hill: Body Percussion 101
If you are interested in attending the full four-day Get-Together, you can sign up here. Registration includes all workshops.