As we navigate these unprecedented times we are very grateful for your patience and support. Now that Virginia has begun phase 2 of the opening of public places, here is updated information about what the Floyd Country Store will be offering.
Open Hours (Updated June 19)
The Cafe, Soda Fountain, and retail sections of the store are now open during the following hours. As we are beginning to start to see some of the musicians coming back to play on the streets, in good weather, the Soda Fountain may remain open later.
- Tuesday-Thursday 11:00AM – 5:00PM
- Friday 11:00AM – 7:00PM
- Saturday 11:00AM – 6:00PM
- Sunday 11:00AM – 5:00PM
The Cafe will continue with curbside service, takeout meals, and will now allow for limited dine-in options for patrons who follow the statewide mandates. We will also continue to have outdoor seating. We will be following all cleaning and sanitation protocols so you can enjoy our great food in a safe and clean environment. All dining tables will be appropriately distanced from each other.
The Soda Fountain
The Soda Fountain at The Floyd Country Store is open the same hours as the Cafe for hand-dipped ice cream, our signature ice cream sodas, milkshakes and coffee drinks! The Soda Fountain dining space will remain closed at this time and all orders for soda fountain items may be placed at the cafe or at the walk-up ordering window at the Soda Fountain entrance.
Retail items at the Floyd Country Store will be open for indoor shoppers following statewide mandates including wearing a mask and following social distancing guidelines. We will be operating with a limited capacity of 50 in the Store, and have updated the flow of our retail sections to allow folks to maintain a safe distance from other parties.
We are also working hard to update our online shopping options. Anyone is encouraged to call the store during open hours for items they wish to purchase without coming into the building.
What can you expect when you come in person?
Our staff will be following all suggested and mandated guidelines for the safety of our customers and staff. This is what that looks like:
- You will be greeted by a person at the door who will direct how to access our retail items, ordering from our cafe, or both.
- All of our staff will be wearing masks, gloves, and washing their hands regularly.
- We will not be letting anyone into the building that does not have a mask on. We will have masks available for purchase for $1.50 if you would like to do so. If your health is compromised by wearing a mask, or you choose to not wear one, we will be happy to accommodate you by serving you outside of the building.
- You will not be required to wear a mask while sitting at your table with your group while eating and drinking.
- We will ask that you sanitize your hands upon entry of the building.
- The store has been rearranged to allow for the social distancing of 6ft or more. Signage has been placed around the store for guidance.
- If you have been knowingly exposed to another person with Covid-19 within the past 14 days and/or you are experiencing symptoms of fever, cough, and are not well, we ask that you stay home for the safety of others.
We ask that everyone please be patient and understanding as we adjust to these current mandates and circumstances. We all promise to work hard to help you have the best experience possible.
Live events will continue to be streamed on our Facebook page every Friday, with some additional nights as well. While this is nowhere near as fun as a Friday Night Jamboree, it allows us to bring great old time music into your homes while we wait until we can get together. It also supports the musicians!
Better days are ahead!