The First of our Live at The Floyd Country Store series
Costa, Campbell & Lloyd
Jim Costa of Talcott, WV plays most of the traditional instruments of the region and has become an expert in the free-form knocking and picking styles of Tennessee native Uncle Dave Macon.
Mark Campbell is an award winning fiddler from Richmond, VA. He has devoted himself to unraveling the techniques of older regional styles of fiddle playing.
Jim Lloyd, Vice Mayor and barber of Rural Retreat VA, is a fourth generation musician of Southwest Virginia. He has won many awards on instruments ranging from autoharp to banjo. Jim’s music and storytelling has been documented by the Smithsonian Institution as well as several commercial labels.
- Whoop’em Up Cindy
- Rise When the Rooster Crows
- I am a Pilgrim (Jim Lloyd)
- Tin Man Story (Jimmy Costa)
- Wreck of the Number 5
- Nelson County Flood (Mark Campbell)
- Times is Getting Harder
- Polly Put the Kettle On
- Piney Woods Gal of North Carolina
- Watermelon Story (Jimmy Costa)
- Bake that Chicken Pie
- Poor Little Thing Cried Mammy
- Over the Mountain
- Victory Rag (Jim Lloyd)/Jimmy Sleeping (Mark Campbell)/Lady Fireman (Jimmy Costa)
- Hold the Wood-pile Down
- Pomeranian Story (Jim Lloyd)
- Ox in the Mud
- I’ll Tickle Nancy